In order to use the Gmail SMTP servers to send email alerts from transmitters, you must enable Two Factor Authentication on your Google account.
- Log into your Google Account: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- Go to the "Signing in to Google" section. Enable '2-Step Verification'. Follow Google's instructions.
- After verifying your code, you will be taken to the 2-Step Verification Page. Click the Back arrow.
- A new "App Passwords" option will be presented. Click it.
- Create a new App password. Select app = Mail. Select Device = Other (Custom name)
- Name the Custom app and click "Generate"
- You will be presented with a new secure password to be used specifically with your transmitter.
- Use this password instead of your normal Gmail password when configuring your Email alerts.
Keywords: email, etg, elenos, smtp, auth, starttls, gmail